Knee troubles being getting prevalent with each passing day and furthermore shaping conditions towards the knee surgery, leaves the patient baffled about the conditions. If treated with better doctors, then the deterioration process of knee cartilage can be mitigated. But the main problem is to identify the condition thoroughly and opt for the treatment options which will cure the present condition, however, the availability of treatment options is in abundance and to choose out of them, relying on our convenience is an even more chaotic job.
Presumably, there is knee treatment prevailing around the world and especially in the developed countries like USA, UK, Australia; but in high charges, whereas when it comes to developing countries like India – All your purpose will get solved in real quick time with reasonable prices too.
But the thing that fascinates the patients from all over the globe is the customized services that you can prevail over here with a comparatively wide spectrum of a window according to your own convenience. Knee replacement surgery in India is one of the most frequently performed surgeries in the world, and one more reason denoting in this fact is the knee replacement surgery cost in India which is way more affordable than the prices you will have to bear in other countries. And with the availability of the various medical portals like clinic spots which make the life of the patients less kinky by cutting off the needless expenses.
The count of knee replacement performed all over the world is close 6,00,000, out of which approx. 1,50,000 are performed in India every year and in more than 90 percent of cases, a replacement knee still functions well after 15 years, and 80–85 percent of replacements last 20 years.
The surgery done with specialists in India seems so easy and promising with improved mobility, less pain will remind you of your younger days.
Why knee replacement surgery?
Knee surgery may be suitable for patients who experience:
- Severe knee pain or stiffness that prevents them from carrying out a daily chorus, such as walking, going upstairs, getting in and out of cars, bending.
- Moderate but continuous knee pain that continues while sleeping or resting.
- Chronic knee inflammation and swelling that does not get better after taking medications, exercises and resting.
- Knee deformity, where there is a noticeable arch on the inside or outside of the knee
- Depression, resulting from an inability to carry out daily or social activities.
- If the other available treatment options have not worked, surgery may be the best option.
Benefits of having knee Replacement in India
There are many people around the world who are in need of knee replacement surgery but they just keep on postponing it due to one or more problems that they face in their native country. Problems faced may be due to high cost of knee replacement surgery, long waiting time, lack of facilities, technology, and expertise in their home country. Due to these problems, many patients travel to India in search of high quality and affordable knee replacement surgery.
The knee replacement surgery cost is quite low in India compared to the western countries. The knee joint replacement surgery cost in India is approximately between Rs. 200000.00 to Rs. 350000.00 ($3,076 to $5,348) for a single knee replacement. You will have to pay Rs. 400000.00 to Rs. 600000.00 ($6,153 to $9,230) for the bilateral knee replacement surgery done in a single sitting or Rs. 450000.00 to Rs. 650000 ($6,923 to $10,000) for the bilateral knee replacement done separately.
However, the knee replacement surgery cost in India will depend on various factors such as:
- Choice of the hospital: Comparing the knee replacement surgery cost in India’s high-end hospitals with other hospitals.
- Doctor’s expertise: A doctor charges for his skills. A specialist who is experienced would be most looked for. For whom those cannot afford the costly doctors can find an expert who charges a less fee.
- Additional costs: There is added cost in knee replacement surgery. It includes the following cost of hospitalization, type of ward and nursing staff, treatments for post-surgical infections, etc.
- Type of implants used: You can choose from different type of implants which are available. The choice of implants will cause a significant difference in the overall expenditure. The imported ones are costlier than the Indian ones and affect the total cost of knee transplant in India.
Affordable cost of treatment
* No waiting time
* Compassionate and caring staff
* Availability of highly experienced doctors
* State-of-the-art technology and machinery
* Internationally accredited hospitals
* Personalized treatment and care
* High quality of treatment
* Clean and well-maintained hospitals
* No hidden charges
* Attractive packages by medical tourism companies
* Abundant hospitals and local travel options
Knee Replacement Cost Breakdown
1. Knee Replacement Pre-op Costs –
A knee replacement surgery is like any major surgery, and all necessary precautions have to be taken to ensure its success. Pre-operative investigation for knee replacement typically includes the following:
- Physical Examination
- Blood Test (total blood count)
- Coagulation Test (a test to assess clotting of blood)
- Blood-sugar test
- Urine Test
- LFT-Liver Function Test
- Heart rhythm test (ECG or EKG)
- Baseline metabolic analysis of kidneys and electrolyte status
- BMD Test-Bone Mineral Density (in some cases)
In some cases, certain tests may not be mandatory. Some patients may be advised for additional investigations based on their medical history. The approximate total cost for pre-op tests can be expected between 6000 INR to 15000 INR.
Dental Evaluation –
Dental infections need to be treated before surgery to avoid post-surgical infections due to bacteria entering your bloodstream from teeth and gums. Availing such treatments in a dental clinic may cost less than a hospital.
Cost of Pre-op Medication –
It may be required to adjust your prescription medications before surgery. Your surgeon may prescribe certain new drugs, such as anticoagulants and antibiotics, to make the surgery proceed smoothly.
2. Knee Replacement Surgery Cost –
Surgery cost includes:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Anaesthesiologist’s fee
- Assistant’s fee
- Operating theatre charges
- Implant cost
- Surgery consumables charges
- Medicines for anesthesia
- Blood transfusion, if applicable
3. Knee Replacement – Post-Surgery Costs
After the surgery, additional hospitalization of 4 to 5 days is required for post-operative rehabilitation. This includes guided movement in the presence of a trained physiotherapist and pain-relief medications. Costs incurred during this period are:
- Medications for pain relief.
- Physiotherapy and other rehabilitation.
- Consumables (dressings) and cost of crutches.
- Post-surgery hospitalization for patient and companion, if any.