With the lifestyle that many people have today, it is not surprising to know that many are overweight and obese. Many results to crash dieting while others prefer to go under the knife just to lose weight fast. One of the trends today is a bariatric surgery. Bariatric surgeries Dubai are procedures that have something to do with the gastrointestinal tract. The stomach is stapled so that only a few foods can fit in it. The person will easily get full even with minimal food intake, thus, preventing excessive weight gain.
Gastric banding in Dubai is a widely used technique. In fact, it is suitable for people with hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia. However, not everyone who is fat can have such procedure. It is only intended for severely obese people that are unresponsive to weight loss programs like healthy diet and exercise.
The benefits of bariatric surgery
- Weight loss is one of the obvious benefits of bariatric surgery.
- It also helps people with diabetes mellitus type 2, especially when it comes to managing the blood glucose level.
- It improves cardiovascular health as it decreases the possibility of coronary artery disease, peripheral heart disease, and stroke.
- It lessens the possibility of having obstructive sleep apnea. If you have a sleep apnea, you can benefit a lot from bariatric surgery as you no longer have to wear a CPAP machine when sleeping.
- Joint-related problems will be eliminated if you lose weight through a bariatric procedure. If you are extremely obese, the joints can no longer bear the excess weight. It puts a stress on the joints causing pain and other joint-related issues. This problem can be eliminated if you undergo a bariatric procedure.
- By keeping your weight within normal range, you will be able to alleviate different types of diseases including metabolic syndrome, gallbladder disease, and pregnancy complications.
How much does a bariatric surgery cost?
The exact cost of the surgery varies depending on the extent of the procedure and other pertinent expenses such as the hospital fee, surgeon’s fee, anesthesia fee, and the likes. A rough estimate could be around $20,000 to $40,000.