Accu Chek Active Glucometer is a device to measure the amount of sugar in your blood. It is an important component of home blood glucose monitoring (HBGM) for people with diabetes. It is convenient to use and the method is quite simple that everyone can do it by following a few simple steps.
What all things are required for the testing?
Before starting, make sure that you have all the necessary things to follow the steps. This includes
- Accu Chek Active Glucometer
- A bottle of Accu Chek Active strips
- Accu Chek softclix lancing device
- Accu Chek softclix lancet
The testing procedure for Accu Chek Active Glucometer
- Wash your hands with soap and lukewarm water and dry them.
- Open the box of Accu Chek Active strips. It will contain an information page, test strip bottle and a small black chip which is a universal code key.
- Insert the code key in the empty space on the side of the glucometer. Now the meter is ready to be used. Whenever you buy a new box of test strips, it will have a new black code chip inside. There is no need to replace the existing black code chip unless if the existing code chip is of green color.
- For loading the lancing device you need a lancet. Remove the cap of the lancing device. Push the lancet in the opening of the lancing device such that it gets fixed.
- Now remove the protective cap of the lancet to get the needle out. Put the cap of the lancing device back on it. Make sure that it is fixed.
- Now adjust the lancing device according to your skin. Rotate the dial on the lancing device to adjust its depth. It is advisable to start the dial on 2.
- It is now time to load the lancing device. Push the plunger down completely. The release button should get yellow. It is a sign of loaded lancing device.
- Take a test strip out from the bottle. It will have a green spot and two arrow signs. The arrow signs will tell how to put it in the glucometer.
- Insert the strip in the glucometer. Make sure that the code on the screen and the test strip label number is the same. A blood drop symbol will appear on the screen.
- Now it is time to take the blood. Prick your fingertip by pressing the yellow button of the lancing device. The lancet can only be used once. That is why it is important to eject the lancet after testing.
- Get the blood drop out on your skin and touch the drop on the green spot on the strip. You will get your blood sugar reading in five seconds.